Collection of Information: The information collected by us, through the App may include personal information.
- provided by you through registering an account on the App;
- provided to us by you through any other method (including without limitation correspondence and discussions) through your use of the Services on the App;
- collected by us through tracking your use of the App including the content you access and any Services you utilise (such as search queries entered, listings you have accessed and trading history); and
- collected by us through log files or cookies (as set out below).
We may also collect aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to, and within, our App but does not relate to you personally.
Consequences for failure to provide: Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in you not being able to register an account which is needed to gain access to certain features of the App.
Log files: We use log files in order to enhance your experience on our App and to analyse trends. Log files gather information such as frequency of use etc. This information is used to analyse trends and administer and operate the App.
Use of information: The personal information you provide may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for the following purposes:
- verification of your identity for use of the App, to conduct address verification or credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes and to enrich your profile and search ability;
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- to provide you with further information about us or other websites or apps or goods or services offered by us or our related companies or third parties or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- to keep the App relevant and of interest to users;
- to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests based on the information you have provided to us or we have otherwise collected;
- to contact you via electronic message regarding purchases or listings you have accessed or other listings on the App we think you may be interested in;
- analysis in aggregate form (identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
- any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
Information Sharing and Disclosure: In relation to personal information we:
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in section  above;
- may disclose information about you to other members;
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to the App including transaction processing services, hosting services and support services;
- reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or to protect our rights.
Information collected through the App that does not identify users is owned by us and may be disclosed by us. We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our affiliates, partners and advertisers.
Data Storage and Security: Any personal information that you provide to us through the App will be collected and held by us at 27 William Pickering Drive, Albany, Auckland. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions (including complying with generally accepted industry standards) to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. However, no method is completely secure, and while we take all reasonable measures we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect from you.
Feedback: If you use the feedback feature or any chat or discussion forum feature on the App, be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be viewed and used by other App users. We take no responsibility for any information submitted to the App using these features.
Data Access and Correction: Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. This can be done by contacting us by at email@example.com, or by writing to Civilshare at 27 William Pickering Drive, Albany, Auckland.
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in.